You know they sure are funny sometimes. I often wonder how in the world Ethan thinks up some of the things that he does.
________________
The other day, we bought Ethan a little baby pool. Well, we decided to let him try it out that evening (which has become our ritual now). Well, Ethan loved it! But, he didn't want to wear his bathing suit. I didn't think anything of it, and let him play in it naked.
________________
Two days ago, I decide that we are going to go play in the baby pool. I get my suit on, I put sunscreen on Ethan, and strip him down to nothing. I told him he could pick his bathing suit. Did he want the orange one, or the purple one. (oh and his suits from last year, still fit! YES! They are actually a little big on him. He has no baby fat anywhere anymore!) He picked the purple one (his new favorite color), so I get it and start to try and put it on him. He loses it! He starts to run around naked, screaming, crying, and yelling "NO PURPLE ONE!"
_______________
Okay, I think, maybe he wanted the orange one. Nope. More running, crying, and screaming "NO ROUGE!!!" (that's orange by the way) I'm just standing there dumbfounded. I mean what do I do? LOL I couldn't even catch him to put his diaper back on. I chase him for a few minutes, he's still screaming and crying that he wants to go in the pool. Then he does it. He pees. Of course he's going to pee. Want to know what he peed on? My cooking magazines, our Ensign, and Our Little Lutheran Magazine. Lovely.
_______________
After I finish cleaning that up, I go looking for my now quiet boy. He's in the cat room playing with Chip, still naked of course. He sees me and says "purple one mama". So I put the purple on him, no problem.
________________
We go outside, start playing in the pool. Things are going well until he remembers. He didn't want to wear a swimsuit. He starts pulling at his suit trying to take it off, crying yet again! He keeps on and on. So finally, I take him out, take him inside, wrestle a diaper on him, and he runs around crying about the "ool, the ool".
________________
I turn on The Land Before Time, our saving grace, and all is good again. He hasn't had a problem with his swimsuit since then. So I have no idea what was the big deal. You know, you don't know what they are thinking. I was exhausted after that episode and we took a nap together!
The picture at the top, is of Ethan in his "purple one".

7 comments:
I love it. That is so funny, I can't wait for the day we get our 2 little monsters together!
Gotta love the pee! :P
ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was totally cracking up! He is hillarious and such a boy with his own determined little mind! I love it!!!!!
Marla, I am so glad that I am home for the summer and can actually look at your blog! I think all the videos you post were triggering the filter at work.
Oh no Lacey!! I'm glad that you can see it also! LOL
Oh wow! That's too funny! I enjoy seeing what I have to look forward to.
I can think of about 500 things that would have been worse for him to pee on. Magazines....no problem....easy clean up there.
I love The Land Before Time too.
I also love a good nap. Enjoy those. It doesn't seem to work as well when you get another child. :)
And, I am totally with you about not understanding when the kids are freakin out. I am often heard to say, "If I could just get inside the head of a child, life would be so much easier."
Post a Comment