Do you remember doing this as a kid? I do. It was always so much fun. Well, Ethan got introduced to this for the first time on Saturday. We had some family in town and we were up late. So at 9:30pm, we were leaving my parent's house and saw fireflys.
Well, Uncle Eldon was the best firefly catcher and Ethan was just delighted!
Since Saturday, Ethan has been catching imaginary fireflys. He finds them all over our house, can you believe it? He catches them in his hand, and then has to show them to me, then off they fly! It's amazing what an imagination this boy has!
I don't have a picture, but will try to get one soon, of us catching real fireflys and fake ones.

9 comments:
Chris caught a real one last night, he was sooo excited!
Gotta love how new things amaze them at this age!
Oh how fun!!! We plan on letting Ethan go nuts on the 4th. He'll be up late anyway, so he will see them come out.
Why is my post all weird? The spaces before I posted it did not look like that. I'll fix it later.
oh i wish we had those here! how fun!
No fair, I've never even seen one in real life! They must not like the west coast... I did catch a mosquito last night, right before it was going to feast on me.... Does that count?
Really?? You've never seen one? Weird. Okay, I will get a video so you can see it.
Oh, and who deleted a post??
We don't have fireflies...bummer!! I can't wait to see the video!!
I deleted my first comment Marla. There wasn't a way to edit it... Sorry :)
What fun! Nathan and Clint caught some while we were in Kansas. Clint was trying to catch one and he accidentally smacked in mid-glow and killed it. But it was still glowing!
Post a Comment