Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Fruit and Berry Patch

We went blueberry and blackberry picking!  It was so much fun, well most of it.  The berries were pretty picked over, and many weren't ripe yet, but we still picked some.  It was fun telling Ethan only to pick the "blue" berries and the "black" berries.  He did really well, and listened to our instructions.  
We only spent $5 on all these berries.  The blackberries were so much easier to find than the blueberries.  We'll have to go back when the blueberries are ripe.  I did get stung by a bee. OUCH!  Not fun, but came home dosed up on Benadryl and it looks like the swelling has gone away.  I won't be needing a shot.  That's good news!  It was fun and we will be going back.  

8 comments:

Katy said...

Yummy!! We love blueberries at our house, I haven't ever tried out blackberries, but your pictures make me want to!!

Marla said...

Oh I love blackberries. I like them much more than blueberries.

Anna said...

Yummy! send some my way!
Sorry about the sting! that stinks!

Heather said...

Oh yum! Blackberries are the best. They make for great cobbler. I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

WE just went and picked wild blackberries..they grow along the walking trail over in Sterchi Hills...the girls had so much fun too...I got all scratched up. I love it that you guys do so many fun and interesting things to get Ethan engaged. You guys are great parents.

I am going to go up to that Berry Patch someday. I want to do blueberries..the blackberries we got were pretty tart.

camille said...

Darn bee got all mad that you were taking all the good berries! hopefully that stinging bee died a miserable death. (I know, aren't I pretty mean, lol)

those berries look GREAT! OH and how I would LOVE to have that many blackberries, ohhhh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Amber said...

I LOOOOOVE that place!!!

Marla said...

Well, I hope the darn bee died also. He has made my arm a wreck and it's only just now starting to heal up. I still look like a freak though. (the swelling didn't go away like I posted, don't know what I was thinking. Must have been the drugs that I was hyped up on! LOL)