Sunday, July 20, 2008

A proposal

Well, I decided that I'm going to blog backwards about our vacation.  I'm going to start with the beach and then work up to Disney World.  

The most important thing happened at the beach this year.  My youngest brother, Eldon, proposed to his girlfriend Kayla.  We all knew about it, and he'd been planning this for months.  I was very excited and helped April and Evan set the scene.  Eldon took Kayla to go pick up some groceries.  While they were gone we went to the "other beach" (it's a short drive away and not very crowded) to put a blanket out with candles.  It was so cute.  April took pictures and I'll have to get them from her.  
We went back to the beach house when we saw them walking down the beach.  We went home and waited very impatiently and jumped every time we heard a car drive by!  
They Finally walked in and Kayla just started crying!  She had no idea that he was going to propose, even after she saw the candles and everything.  It was a very sweet moment.  
Anyway, Kayla welcome to the family.  We are so glad that you said yes! LOL  Oh, and I still think 2 years is way to long to wait for a wedding!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

How cute!! Congrats to your brother!!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Anna said...

ohhh that's soo sweet!

Unknown said...

I agree that 2 years is way too long....we did it in 10 days!


Just dive in....it's way worth it.