Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Every year we spend the 4th at my parents house and we always have a lot of fun.  Ethan really enjoyed himself and was the center of attention, like always.  We have a cook out, make homemade ice cream, and light some fireworks!  
Mrs. Jeri, Great Grandma, and Ethan.  Mrs. Jeri was having a turn making the ice cream.
Ethan's turn to make some ice cream!
Dan, Grandpa, and Ethan putting some ice into the ice cream maker.
Dan and I.
I lit some smoke bombs for Ethan.  He loved them, and got so excited to see the colored smoke! 
My little brother Eldon and his girlfriend Kayla making some ice cream.
YUM!!  Homemade ice cream is the BEST!
Hanging out on the back deck, waiting for it to get dark so we could start the fireworks.
Grandpa let Ethan hold a sparkler!  This made mommy very nervous, but he did well.
Sheryl, Mrs. Jeri, and Mom (grandma) watching the evening primrose come out! 
(I have the best video of Ethan catching fireflys, but it won't let me load! Annoying!)

3 comments:

camille said...

ok, that picture of you and Dan is too funny. he sure looks over joyed to have his picture taken, lol.

I love the Ethan got to help with the churning of the ice cream.

Oh,,, and when I was a kid, I loved catching fire flies!

Marla said...

I know! Grrrr....he could have smiled!! I hate that I can't load that video of ethan catching fireflys it's so cute!

kristykh said...

Fun! I need to make some homeade icecream. Your blog is making me hungry!