Okay, I'm going to attempt to post a poll.
Here's my question. We aren't completely sure where to put this new baby when it arrives. We need help making a decision.
Most of you know that Ethan has an ocean theme room. This room was created before we knew he was a boy, so it could be used for a boy or a girl. It's gender neutral, I guess, even though I now think of it as a boy room.
I was thinking about moving Ethan into a "big boy room" in Dec., so he would have time to get used to it before the baby arrived. But, then I started thinking that he really likes his ocean room and I don't want him to think that the baby pushed him out of it.
The reason the baby would ideally have that room, is that all the bedding and stuff could be used again in there.
The other option is that (if this baby is a boy) we move them into the bonus room and they share the big room. It has two closets so technically it's another bedroom. So if I have another boy, they could share the big room (we would go ahead and move Ethan in there, and keep the baby in the ocean room until he's old enough to share) or they could each have their own room. If it's a girl obviously they'd have their own rooms.
So should I move Ethan, or do you think he'd feel that his room was taken from him? Everything is "MINE" these days, so I really don't know. He'd probably say that the baby room was "MINE" also.
Anyway, please vote and any input would be great. Oh, and here's some pics of Ethan's room. These are old pictures, I haven't taken any of his room in a while.

15 comments:
Ahhh, cute little Ethan!! that second picture looks like it was in a magazine! I guess from your questions, you really don't have to decide until you find out the sex, right? When is that-in November?
Yeah, we wouldn't have to decide right now. But, you know me I'm a planner!! I want to get it worked out in my head, what the plan will be once we decide. We should find out the sex in late November, I believe.
Oh, and that picture (the second one) got cut off, for some reason. I guess it was to big. :( But, yeah we had a photographer come take pictures of Ethan for his first birthday and that's one of them.
Ok, so I voted to give Ethan his own big boy room. If you move him into it ahead of time, I don't think he'll associate the baby with the room switch. When Laurel was born, she shared a room with Nik, but they were only 18 months apart and it was the only option at the time. Given an option (i.e. another bedroom) we would have had them each have their own room, regardless of gender. Its just easier with naps and childproofing to have the new lo be in their own room. Its actually why we just moved the older two into the same room and Juliana into her own room...
Give Ethan a big boy room and have him help pick out the theme as his "Christmas present".
He will feel ownership over it and won't mind the move!
I agree with everyone. If you give him a "big boy" room soon enough, he won't associate it with the baby. Also, if you make a big deal out of how neat & cool it is he will be too excited to notice. My aunt did the same thing with both of her older boys & it worked out great!
i said keep him in his room...but if you have a boy again, at some point i'd have them share...but i couldn't vote for both lol.
totally cute room, but i really do not have any answers for you, sorry girl! I say, wait till you find out what you are having and go from there. I also think it would be megga cool if Ethan had a dinosour room, how rad would that be! also, if it is a girl, I would paint it a different color, but that coming from a gal who had 3 boys and was totally done with all the rooms being such boy colors, lol.
Oh, and if you have a girl and put her in the fishy room, you could add some mermaids and girlie fish to girlie it up a bit... If you wanted to that is :)
Logistically, it is A LOT easier to have a baby and their toddler sibling in seperate rooms...works out a lot better for sleeping.
If you want to put the baby in Ethan's old room, make a game out of decorating Ethan's new room...give him pictures of the themes that you like and involve him in the transformation so he can take pride in HIS new room.
I would totally keep them seperate until they both get older and then you can combine them in one, after they both sleep through the night.
We vote give Ethan his own room. The ocean room would be cute for a boy or a girl. You could use all the same bedding, etc. and save yourself some money...use it for diapers :).
See Bianca that's what I'm thinking. We already have all the stuff. LOL I know that you moved Eve when Clark came along, she was a little older though, right?
I vote for Ethan getting his own big boy room and letting him pick out his own theme. Like your friends all said, if you move him early enough he probably won't make the connection!
As much as he loves his fish I bet he would love to pick out his own 'room' stuff. My kids love to do that kind of stuff. Just talk it up and he'll love it. Are you going to go ahead and get a twin size bed when and if you get him a new room?
We are planning on keeping Ethan in his toddler bed for as long as possible. So he'll stay in there for at least another year.
Thanks for all the comments everyone!
I think you should put him in the big room and make it a "Gator" room! ♥
What about letting him decide? Maybe you could make the bigger room a dinasour room? I'm sure he'd totally dig that!
Post a Comment