He colored on the wall.
Here's what happened.
We got Ethan an art easel for his birthday. (you can see it in his room on the big boy room post) Well, it has a dry erase board and dry erase markers. We have talked to him about only coloring on his board and he's always been so good about that.
Well, I go downstairs to make lunches b/c I decided that I'd take him to the zoo. You know b/c it was a wonderful day outside and I was feeling better. I'm making lunches and I hear... "psst psst... momma.... come here and see". There is my little boy looking over the stair way at me. I ask him what he's doing and I see it....
Yeah, his arm is completely red. My mouth falls open and I just say "Ethan what did you do?" I guess he could tell that my voice wasn't happy, or maybe it was my expression b/c he says "no it's fine momma." Yeah right it's fine. I look at his arms and he's colored wonderful red circles all over them. ( I should have taken a picture but I was to upset)
I take him back upstairs to wash him off, and it occurs to me.. "Ethan did you color anywhere else?" "Yes". Hmm......
So I go into his room and yep on the nice white trim that Dan just painted are red circles. Four of them. Why red? That has to be the hardest color to get off. I just looked at him in shock and pointed to the corner. He knows what that means. He knows time out quite well. He goes over there and sits and starts to cry. I'm upset, and scrubbing the walls. Yeah it won't come off. Then he points to his race car toy and says "I color that". Yep, all over his toy also. Not that I really care about that, and of course that just wiped off with a paper towel.
So I take his markers up and put them away in my room and tell him he'll have to earn them back. That brought on more tears. We had a nice long talk about where we color and where we don't. This brought the smiles back and he then got to call Daddy to tell him what he did. Dan of course laughed and that made me laugh. I think I was able to hide it from Ethan though.
So we shall see if he has really learned his lesson. I just can't understand what on earth he was thinking. Oh, yeah he was thinking like a three year old. That's perfectly normal. Oh, and Mom I vaguely remember coloring on the wall behind my bedroom door in Iowa. I'm sorry about that! I know how it feels, now. Looks like Dan will get to paint some trim again.

5 comments:
I like that he drew 4 little red circles on the baseboard. He must have put thought into the nicest way to decorate his wall with the marker. And I'm surprised he hasn't done it until now! He has self control (or maybe his dad's neat streak :) We're glad to hear your feeling better and marked 4/14 on our calendar!
Ok, that's just funny. hehe Only because we have lots of coloring here and there. Behind Courtney's door there are lots of little scribbles. I had painted a mural so I wonder if they thought it was ok. lol NOT! At least you can laugh at it already.
Ok, if anything can get it off is a Mr Clean Eraser... I LOVE THOSE THINGS SOOOO MUCH! Juliana colored with Sharpie all over one of the dining room chairs and you'd never know it now :D If the trim he colored on is painted and not just primer, it should work, even on red...
BTW, it was bound to happen :D You're lucky he didn't do it until now, lol....
Ali
Oh it happens to the best of us....poor Ethan. I bet those were some awesome red circles...and yeah for him knowing which shape and color he likes best...his mom must be a teacher :)
Just wait until he learns to write his name. I think it's so funny that kids practice their name on walls, tables etc... because they cannot deny that it was them!
Post a Comment