Sunday, November 2, 2008

Carving pumpkins

So I know, I'm behind.  But, we've been busy and I've been tired.  We finally carved our three pumpkins the week of Halloween.  Ethan was more interested than last year.  He liked to watch Dan cut the pumpkin and kept telling us "no touch" because of the knife.  

But, he's not my child.  He's for sure, Dan's kid.  He wouldn't help scoop out the pumpkin guts.  He took one look and said "ewww momma".  LOL  He wouldn't get near it and made sure that he kept his distance and reminded me now and then, how gross I was.  Dan never touches the inside of the pumpkin, that is strictly my job, so it was pretty funny to see Ethan's reaction.
Ethan also insisted that his pumpkin have a shark on it.  So that's what he got.  Dan did a pretty good job drawing a shark and then carving it out.  Everyone commented on his cool pumpkin on Halloween.  
(oh and yes, he is in his underwear, we made three potty breaks while carving the pumpkins so we just left off his pants.  It's just easier.  )
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary said...

very cool pumpkins! :)
how funny my ethan was not liking the inside of the pumpkin either! lol

Unknown said...

I am most impressed with the shark! Way to go mom with the guts and dad with the knife.