Yep, I have it. I really didn't think I would, b/c I didn't have it with Ethan. But, I am now being treated for this. So far not much fun. I have to prick my finger four times a day to test my blood sugar levels. It's not as bad as I thought it would be though.
Dan and I go on Friday morning to meet with the dietician to learn exactly what I can eat and how much. I've cut out sugars and most carbs until then. (so not my normal diet) But, I'll do what I need to, in order to keep little Owen healthy. It's not for so long either, right? Only what 10 more weeks, maybe less? (don't say maybe more, I do not want to go overdue!)

6 comments:
Oh Marla. I am so sorry.
I am having this test next month...now you got me all stressed out. Surely, after three, I should be off the hook.
I love the name Owen...great strong name and perfect with Ethan.
I hope you will not be too burdened with your new diet...and just think...you will be able to have a new baby and eat everything you want at the same time :)
Oh goodness, I'm sorry, hun! I was borderline with Livvy. That wasn't fun itself so I can only imagine how you feel. I'm sure you'll do fine with the diet though.
Btw, I love the name!!
I hate to hear that! Hopefully it won't be too hard to keep the new diet. Like you said, it's only 10 weeks. Wow! That's no time. I hope you can keep it under control and don't have any problems from it. BTW, I need to get Ethan's picture to you. I have it in my car.
Marla! That just stinks! I am so sorry for you! i hate needles. Hopefully the dietician will give you some good pointers. Hoper you are ok, and I love the snow pictures of Ethan! He is the happiest kid on earth.
How did the appt with the dietitian go? Does this basically mean "no fun foods"? That sucks. Does this mean little Owen might be here early???
Well I can't eat any sugar foods, no fruit juice, and have to keep a strict count of my carbs. So yeah it isn't fun, but well it's not been that bad. Okay, so I'm doing it for Owen.
But, baby is still breech, so that is making me nervous also. I don't think he's been the right way this entire pregnancy.
Owen could come early. I'll have several ultrasounds to check his weight and such, so we shall see how it goes.
Post a Comment