So did you know that teachers can just walk out? I didn't. Until today. A teacher walked out and quit her job, right in the middle of the day. Okay, so not the middle, at 7:30am.
So why do you think she did it? She's new, this is her first year teaching. I know we work at a stressful school. It is inner city, and the kids can be rough. They aren't that rough, but that may just be because I'm used to it. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Maybe it's because I need my job? I can't imagine just walking out. Why oh why did she do it? That's the gossip today, and if anyone knows why, they aren't saying. Strange huh? I feel for her poor students, because if there is one thing these kids need, it's stability. Hmmm. I'll let you know if I learn any more.

3 comments:
I have no idea why she did it but believe me - I've wanted to on some days! I hope they find someone good that can stick around for those little ones!
that's crazy! i can understand doing that if you worked at mc donalds but not teaching! it's the middle of the school year!
I know. Heather, I could see doing it, and I've probably really wanted to. But, these poor kids. Anyway, my update. They have a new teacher. She has taught at our school for years. She quit her job last year (well she retired), to take care of her sick father. He ended up dying. So she is coming back but only until April. Then she has a cruise planned.
Post a Comment