You know I really complained about this training. I mean I whined and I pouted. Yes I do pout and whine. Dan can tell you that much, heck my whole family could. ( I have gotten better about it though) Anyway, I didn't want to go, and it didn't matter that I was going to be paid $50 an hour. It was 7 classes, after school! I'm wiped after school and don't want to go!
Well, that said. I love it. I am learning so much from this training. I'm really starting to understand the way my student's minds work. I understand why the parents don't "seem" to care about what goes on at school. I am really truthfully learning a lot. Today was sad though. I won't go into the details, but I was almost in tears. I hate that some of my students are living this kind of life, and I really just want to take them home with me. Think that would go over well with Dan? I mean, there are only 22 of them. Actually, truth be told, I wouldn't take them all home with me. But, most of them I would! Anyway, life in an inner city school is tough. Life in that life must be a whole lot harder. I am so thankful for my upbringing, and my home. I'll try not to take it for granted.

1 comments:
I know what you mean, it's so sad when you realize why school is not number one on the priority list. Most are just glad their kids can go somewhere safe that doesn't cost them money while they work. I really feel for these kids and hope they find a way out of the situation. Aren't we so blessed? I just cry when i see my babies healthy and happy and safe.
Post a Comment