Sunday, July 19, 2009

We made it home...

We spent the week at the beach with my family.  We had the best time... more on that later.  We left yesterday morning at 9:30m.  Kayla ( Eldon's fiance) left an hour before us, and was having some car trouble.  

Things were going smoothly, we stopped and picked up lunch, we went potty, and I fed the baby.  A little while on the road Ethan says in a panic "I have to go pee!"  I ask him if he can hold it but he's back to watching his movie.  A mother knows things..... his little legs were dancing and every now and then he'd grab himself.  So I called Dan ( who was in the car behind us) to tell him we ere pulling over and he needed to jump out and grab Ethan.  At this time Ethan really starts yelling "I got to pee" while we were pulling over, and starts unbuckling his seat belt.  
He made it and experienced his first time peeing on the side of the road.  I am glad I have boys, that would have been much harder with a girl.  
About this time Eldon got a call from Kayla, she was stopped dead in traffic.  Fun.  A while later we got another call, her car had stopped on the road.  People helped her push her car off the road.  So we knew she was 6 miles away and to start looking or her car.  Then we hit it, the traffic.  An hour later we still hadn't gone 6 miles.  She got her car started again and was able to get off the exit.  We met up with her, found Uhaul and towed her car home.  
What I didn't mention was the traffic, the horrible traffic.  Our 8 hour drive turned into a 13 hour drive.  We got home at 11:30 last night.  It was bad.  Thank goodness that I had my breast pump and was able to feed Owen that way.  My boys were wonderful.  They did get fussy.  Ethan's tummy did start to hurt at hour 12.  But they made it and we are home.
The beach was great by the way!

1 comments:

Beth said...

I know the feeling!! I am glad you guys got home safe. Can't wait to hear about the beach trip!