Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Owen

Is here!!!  :)
He arrived on 4/14/09 at 2:34pm.  He weighed in at 7 lbs 14oz.  So he was a peanut! I kept saying "oh he's so little!"
He is completely perfect and beautiful!  Of course we are biased.  His hair looks like a mix b/w red and blond, so strawberry blond?  He's just wonderful and we are already in love with him!  
These pictures are so out of order, but I am to tired to worry about it! 
Dan holding baby Owen
Right after his first bath! He was not happy!
Owen and I
Sleeping on my lap
Grandma and Grandpa get their first look
The Big Brother! Love the shirts! Thanks to my great 5th grade team for getting them. Owen has one also that says the little brother, but it's to big right now.
Ethan checking out Owen.
My new little guy!
Ethan finally agreed to hold Owen. It didn't last long.
All in all, it was a great experience.  This one was much better than Ethan's birth.  Maybe b/c I knew what to expect. But, mostly b/c I had the most wonderful nurse and a great doctor.  Dan helped out a ton, and really had to get involved.  Ethan is proud of his baby and seemed to warm up more as his visit went on.  He is going to be a great big brother.  
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

13 comments:

Lacey said...

Hooray again!! Your beautiful little family is now complete (maybe ;) ). Happy Birthday, Owen!

Anna said...

So happy for you! he's perfect!

Beth said...

YAY!!!! He is such a little muffin!!! I am so glad everything went well (and that you blogged so soon :)) I can't wait to hear how Ethan does!

Courtney said...

Congratulations again!!! He's perfect!

Marie said...

Congrats! Great pics and good for you for getting them up so soon!! Ethan looks like a very proud Big brother.

erin said...

I'm so glad that all went well and that everyone is happy and healthy. You'll have to let me know how Ethan handles being a big brother. I often wonder how Finn will react. Enjoy getting to know Owen!

Lindsey Rose said...

Marla! He is darling and I love Ethans little shirt. You look great too! I am so happy that all went well and that you and Owen are doing well.Congrats again to all of you. I will call you so I can bring over the baby gift and check out the little man!

Stacey said...

Oh Marla, he is so beautiful!!! Huge congrats to you and Dan! I love the pics of Ethan too, he looks so grown up now, especially next to Owen. Way to go momma!!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you guys.

What a cutie pie.

I am so grateful for you and Dan bringing another red head into the world...I just love red heads.

Congrats to the whole family of 4.

And, have I ever told you that you look so much like your mom.

Please call if you need anything.

Amber said...

A-dorable! Congrats! I'm so glad he got here safely and you felt like it went well. Can't wait to see more of him!

Katy Beth said...

Aw....congratulations! He's adorable!! i can't wait to meet him.; First dibs in church haha! Holler if you need anything at all :o)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!!!!! Love you!

Katy said...

Congratulations Marla!! He is perfect in every way!!