Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

Well, I guess I shouldn't say baby.  Ethan doesn't like to be called a baby anymore.  If I call him that he corrects me and says "I'm not baby, I'm happy!"  It's so cute.  

I have a hard time believing that he is actually a three year old!  It seems like we just brought him home from the hospital.  This birthday has seemed more unreal than when he turned one or two.  I mean three is big!  He's not a baby anymore.  No more diapers or anything that could keep him in the baby status.  
He had a good birthday.  He woke up early and we opened a few presents.  Then he helped me frost his cake.  Of course we were tired from staying up on New Year's Eve the night before and that was an adjustment.  But, after a nap we were ready for his birthday part.  My family came to help us celebrate and we had a good time.  
After everyone left Ethan decided that he wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese for dinner, so off we went.  He had so much fun and so did Dan!  It was a great birthday for a three year old.  Low key and quiet, but lots of fun.  
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

10 comments:

Beth said...

I love the last picture, he is so big!!!

Marla said...

Thanks. The pictures are huge and the first one is cut off! LOL Oh, well I'm not fixing it.

camille said...

such cute pictures. Love the cake - very cute. Love his pj's, lol. ummmm, Dan must not have gotten the unwrapping of presents out of his system! LOL LOL LOL And you said that Dan and Ethan had a good time at dinner, but how about you??

Jenna said...

Oh, how cute! Great job on the cake, Marla! Also, I do love his hair. :) And your house!

Katy said...

He looks so incredibly cute in the last picture (and big...*sniff*).

Anna said...

He's just so cute!
Congrats on having a 3 year old! You survived the hardest 3 years in my opinion! (I have experience with this! LOL)
20 more days till his buddy Christopher joins him into the "pre-school years"

Amber said...

Ah! Happy Birthday! The picture of him with his cake is so priceless! Love it!

Unknown said...

Ethan is too cute....love the easel and LOVE Chuck E cheese..you can never start that too early.

Katy Beth said...

So cute! I can't believe he's 3 now either. Wow!

kristykh said...

Looks like a fun Birthday! He is looking so grown up.