Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have a 5 year old

Yeah, I have a five year old. I still can't believe it. He is FIVE! Seems like yesterday, that I brought him home from the hospital. He thinks that he should be going to Kindergarten now because he's five. He wants to go to Mommy's school now! Ha! I told him that he has to wait until after summer and our beach trip before he gets to go, but he's ready!
We try to do all day birthdays, like my parents did for us. We would wake up and have a present, one at breakfast, and then throughout the day. We didn't have birthday parties, but I didn't miss them. Since we have so much family, we try to do a birthday party with them, but still do our presents through out the day.
So first thing in the morning he opened his leapster 2. He LOVES it and I got an amazing deal on it. The system, 6 games, and a bag to carry it all for $56. I love deals!
He picked his lunch... yeah for a lunchable. Ha ha. Well, it was easy for me anyway. Bianca made that cool chair cover, for us last year. Ethan was so excited to see it on his chair, when he woke up. Made his day extra special.
I have decided that I can no longer fit my entire family and Dan's family in our downstairs anymore. So for the first time we had Ethan's party at Chuck E Cheese. We always take him there in the evening, but decided to just have the party there and save some time. He loved it and I was stressed, but it wasn't that bad. We didn't "book" a party there (holy expensive!) we just bought drinks and tokens for everyone.
We took up an entire table! Opa wasn't able to be there because he was sick. But, Oma came down with Bianca and Matt.
Ethan's cake. We had a buggy birthday. I have also given up making my kids cakes. It stresses me out and I hate making them. So we found a great cake lady down the street. She made the cake with ant hills and grass.. we added the bugs!
It was a great day. Tiring after staying up so late the night before, but a fun day. My baby is five and that just sounds like such a big number. It's not a baby number, or a toddler number, it's a big kid number. That makes me a little bit sad. But, I am so proud of the boy that we are raising. He is such a great kid.

2 comments:

Marie said...

What a fun Birthday!! The chair cover is really cool. LOVE the birthday cake, that turned out awesome!! Happy Birthday Ethan!

Beth said...

Aunt Bianca rocks! I cannot believe he is FIVE, and FIVE is big!! Whoa. Looks like he had he best day ever!