Tell me to keep pumping. I hate pumping, hate it. But, I love nursing. So I have these torn feelings. I'm tired of pumping at work. I'm tired of stressing out when I only pump 3 oz instead of 6, for some odd unknown reason. I'm tired of getting up 20 minutes early so that I can pump before work.
But, I do enjoy nursing Owen. I love how easy it is and how close our relationship is.
I want to keep it up until Owen is a year old, and really that will be here before I know it. But, at the same time it seems so very far away.

3 comments:
You are awesome. What a great thing you are doing for your son. Not all moms are willing to go to the work that you are in order to keep nursing. One thing that might help---it's almost Christmas break. Enjoy those days of not having to pump at work. Don't get so overwhelmed about pumping for a year, take it one week or one month at a time. As he gets older, he'll take more solids and you won't have to pump as much. And about stressing when you don't produce--stress can lessen your production so just relax and celebrate the milk you do pump :)
Like you said--one year will be here before you know it.
(I lurk on BBC and surfed onto your blog and felt like commenting--feel free to delete if you want. Promise I'm not some psycho)
It's just four months Marla, keep it up, you are doing fantastic! I really admire you b/c I know, as a teacher, just how hard it is.
Ugh...it sounds difficult, and will be me soon enough. I loved nursing too, and I plan on nursing this baby until he is a year as well. Good luck, just keep on keeping on.
Post a Comment