Sunday, August 23, 2009

Owen

Owen doesn't mind tummy time any longer.  He tolerates it for a while, then quickly rolls over onto his back.  But, he no longer screams when put on his belly.  :)  Look at that face.  How can you not love it?
Playing in his exersaucer is so much fun.  He is really starting to enjoy playing. We tried cereal.  It did NOT go well.  He liked eating it.  The first time we tried it on a Sunday afternoon.  He was fussy the rest of the day, but I really didn't think about it.  The next day we tried it again and he cried all. night. long.  It was bad.  Screaming.  I think it upset his tummy.  I read that breast fed babies can have a harder time breaking down the solids in the beginning b/c breast milk is so easy to digest.  We will not be trying again any time soon.  He does fine with nursing, maybe we'll try at 6 months old.  LOL We might try before but I'm scared and it's so easy doing what we are doing now.  But he sure was cute when he ate that rice cereal!

4 comments:

danielle said...

Hi there! I found your blog via Mike and Rebecca. Your lead post entitled "Owen" got me to come over here and check it out, because I hav an Owen of my own!!

Anywho, just wondering if you've tried avocado? My Owen was also breastfed and we did avocado as a first food. It's non-allergenic and supposedly much easier to digest than rice cereal.

Just a though. Hope that helps, if you end up trying it out! Your Owen is a cutie!

Mary said...

oh he is so cute!!

Heather said...

I love the rice face!

Bethany said...

ah...adorable!